County School Districts (K-12)
rated among the best in the state of ohio...
All five of the county’s school districts were rated either “effective’ or “excellent” (the top two categories) in 2008-09 by the state’s Department of Education. Most of the school buildings within the county are newly built and offer infrastructure and space to meet current and projected educational delivery needs. Successful sports programs, including a powerhouse (and national champion) wrestling program at Graham High School, have garnered Champaign County schools a reputation for producing excellent athletes and teams. Extra-curricular activity offerings in music, drama, community service and vocational agriculture add to a well-rounded educational experience.
For more information on the public school disctricts within the county, click on the link next to the district's name below:
- Urbana City Schools (www.urbana.k12.oh.us)
- Triad Local Schools (www.triad.k12.oh.us)
- Graham Local Schools (www.graham.k12.oh.us)
- Mechanicsburg Exempted Schools (www.mechanicsburg.k12.oh.us)
- West Liberty-Salem Local Schools (www.wls.k12.oh.us)
For evaluation and rating information about school districts in Ohio, check the states website at: www.reportcard.ohio.gov
Champaign County is conveniently nestled in the heart of west central Ohio.
- Established in 1805
- 30 miles from Columbus or Dayton; 10 miles from Springfield
- Serviced by U.S. Routes 68 and 36; within 15 miles of Interstates 70 and 75
- Blend of service, retail, manufacturing and agricultural businesses
- Miles of bike trails, hiking trails, rivers and wooded area wind its way through the county
- Population approximately 39,800; 428 square miles
- Quaint shopping, dining and art/antique shops
- Home to Warren Grimes the "father of aviation lighting"
- Well-known Champaign Countians include: William Saxbe, Clancy Brown, Johnny Appleseed and A.B. Graham
- Airport: Grimes Field (General Aviation)
- Home to Urbana University
- Destinations: Simon Kenton recreation trails, Cedar Bog, Ohio Caverns, Johnny Appleseed Museum, Mad River, Champaign County Fairgrounds, Kiser Lake State Park